Website The Vanguard Group, Inc.
At Vanguard, our core purpose is to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. Vanguard is a vibrant and multi-faceted business, and it is an employer of choice that continually invests in the growth, development, and success of its employees over the course of their Vanguard careers.
The Office of the General Counsel (“OGC”) is seeking a highly skilled tax attorney with strong interpersonal skills to join its Legal Tax team. The Legal Tax team strives to provide exceptional, high-value legal services to advance Vanguard’s core purpose. This attorney will provide advice and support on a broad range of complex issues related to the taxation of the Vanguard corporate entities and their employees, both domestically and internationally. The attorney in this role will collaborate with colleagues within the Legal Tax team and the OGC and will partner with members of a variety of business functions across the Vanguard organization, including Global Tax, Finance, Corporate Accounting, Payroll and Human Resources.
Candidates must be skilled at collaborating with and influencing legal colleagues, in-house corporate partners, and business clients at all levels, including senior management. In addition, candidates must share Vanguard’s values, including unmatched ethical standards, commitment to inclusion and diversity, client service, work ethic, and positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely advice regarding the application of federal, state, and local tax laws, including non-US laws, to Vanguard in its role as a corporate taxpayer and employer
- Represent Vanguard before regulators, whether seeking guidance or responding to inquiries
- Partner with colleagues within the OGC and other business functions to deliver high-value outcomes that are aligned to Vanguard’s business priorities
- Manage and maintain relationship with outside counsel, advisory firms and industry groups
- Continuously develop and refine knowledge of relevant tax laws as well as monitor trends and developments impacting Vanguard.
- Lead and foster collaborative team environment and inclusive relationships to develop and advance the success of other Vanguard team members
- Law Degree (J.D.) from an accredited institution with excellent academic credentials and current bar admission is required
- 2 years or more of legal tax experience at a law firm, accounting firm and/or financial services firm
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Skilled at leading projects and driving outcomes while balancing diverse perspectives and viewpoints to meet shared objectives
- Confident in engaging in open and honest discussions with external and internal partners to encourage constructive collaboration and deliver quality results
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines
- Resilient and able to adapt to changing situations and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.vanguardjobs.com.