Website The Vanguard Group, Inc.
Vanguard is a leading provider of financial products and services to individual and institutional investors world-wide. In addition, Vanguard is an employer of choice that continually invests in the growth, development and success of its employees (crew members) over the course of their Vanguard careers. Vanguard’s Office of the General Counsel addresses a wide range of complex and compelling legal and compliance issues. To continue to support its growing business, Vanguard is seeking an Associate Counsel, Capital Markets for our legal and compliance operations.
Candidates must share Vanguard’s core values, including unmatched ethical standards and client service, strong work ethic, and can-do attitude. Candidates must champion a team environment by building collaborative, trusting relationships with others through effective communication, empathy and respect and advancing the development and success of their colleagues. Additionally, you must be skilled at optimally collaborating with, enabling, working through, and influencing legal colleagues, in-house corporate partners, and business clients at all levels, including senior management.
In this role you will…
- Primarily focus on the legal, regulatory, and policy needs of Vanguard’s portfolio management function
- Partner with our portfolio managers and provide legal services related to investing in, and trading of, securities investments
- Draft and negotiate documents such as board memos, policy comment letters, regulatory filings, contracts, agreements, and offering documents
- Direct the work being performed by outside counsel
- Ensure that our portfolio management function complies with all relevant laws and regulations
- Evaluate legislative and regulatory developments related to portfolio management and draft policy comment letters
- Support the development and substantive work of legal analysts on the team
What it takes:
- Excellent judgment, communication, and relationship management skills
Experience offering legal services related to portfolio management, investments, or debt offerings
- Minimum 2 years of relevant legal work experience
- Undergraduate degree and Law degree (JD)
- Knowledge of mutual fund law is a plus, but not required
Vanguard is not offering Visa sponsorship for this role
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
To apply for this job please visit www.vanguardjobs.com.