Website HERSHA HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (HHM)
Opportunity: Corporate Counsel
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading hotel investment, management and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to over 140 hotels across the United States, which includes world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent and boutique hotels.
HHM is seeking an attorney to join its growing legal department headquartered in Philadelphia. In this role, you will work directly with the General Counsel on all transactional matters, including hotel acquisitions, financings, joint ventures and general corporate transactions. This is an exceptional opportunity to execute and oversee legal transactional matters for an established yet rapidly growing hospitality company. The successful candidate must be an inquisitive self-starter with strong organizational and critical thinking skills. This role will require close collaboration across all departments of HHM, including acquisitions, asset management, operations and risk management.
Potential Career Path:
Corporate Counsel – Senior Corporate Counsel – Associate General Counsel
Essential Job Functions:
- Draft, analyze, structure and negotiate purchase agreements, financing documents, and joint venture agreements relating to hotel assets with top-tier institutional counterparties
- Oversee and develop relationships with outside counsel
- Synthesize legal issues and provide guidance to business counterparts in a concise and practical manner
- Assist with the development of Legal Department processes, forms and protocols.
- Manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- JD with 3+ years’ experience in transactional real estate matters at a law firm or in-house setting
- Admission to the practice of law in Pennsylvania
- Ability to manage transactions from start to finish, work independently and exercise good judgment
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills, articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Strong curiosity about the business in general and a desire to take ownership of projects
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint
Work Environment and Context:
Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It
To apply for this job please visit careers.hhmhospitality.com.