Website Education Law Center-PA
The Education Law Center-PA, a statewide nonprofit legal advocacy organization that has played a leading role on key issues of educational equity and civil rights since 1975, seeks an experienced litigation attorney for a full-time position in our Philadelphia office.
The mission of ELC is to ensure that all children in Pennsylvania have access to a quality public education. ELC accomplishes this mission through multiple strategies, including direct legal representation, impact litigation, educating parents and students about their legal rights, working in partnership with community-based groups, and policy advocacy. Our work focuses on issues of access and equity for students historically underserved by public education, including students of color, students with disabilities, English language learners, students experiencing homelessness, LGBTQ youth, and students involved in the foster care and juvenile justice systems. We work to dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline, secure fair and adequate funding for public schools, and ensure that all children have access to the full range of opportunities.
ELC seeks a talented candidate with the following skills and experience to work in a highly collaborative and supportive office:
• At least 6-10 years of legal experience
• Strong litigation skills
• Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
• Supervisory experience
• Experience doing policy work a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively with client families and with colleagues and community partners
• Initiative, vision, and a willingness to use multi-strategy approaches to advocacy
• Public speaking experience
• Demonstrated interest in ELC’s mission and/or experience working with underserved clients or communities
• Prior experience on the staff or board of a nonprofit a plus
• Admission and good standing in the Pennsylvania bar or eligible for admission by reciprocity
• Proficiency in a language in addition to English a plusPrimary duties will focus on impact litigation and direct representation of clients.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and a curriculum vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Attorney Applicant -Philadelphia” in the subject line. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and generous benefits are provided. The Education Law Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com